Friday, June 10, 2011

Simple Sentences: Level II

In May, I discussed very simple sentences in Spanish. These were sentences that contained a subject and a verb which is all you need to make up a sentence. A good example of this is the sentence "I speak." Spanish would have you say "Yo hablo."

Today, I'm going to talk about making your sentences more complex by adding additional information to them. Let's take this example: I drink the water. You have a subject (I), a verb (drink) and now you have an object (the water). I am clarifying what I am drinking.

Now let's look at this same example in Spanish. Do you remember how to say "I drink"? That's right, "Yo bebo." I'm going to add "the water" right after the subject and the verb:

Yo bebo el agua.

See how easy that is?

You can do this with practically any simple sentence out there. Here's one more example:

"TĂș vives en la casa." which means "You live in the house."

This will be all for now, but keep coming back when we take simple sentences one step further by making them even more complex. As always, if you have questions or need help with Spanish, please email me at SpanishMyWay@hotmail.com or post your questions to this blog. ¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment